はじめまして

HELLO PEEPS!



The name's Hani, 20-ish!
Thanks for visiting & don't forget to leave
your footprints ♪


Entry Author Follow D'board

WALKIE TALKIE


Followers


ARCHIVE




CREDITS

© TEMPLATE FROM ARRIEN
TUTORIALS BY ATIQAH & AFIQAH
GIFS ARE FROM TUMBLR
'The Shawshank Redemption': Longing for Freedom
Tuesday, April 21, 2020 • April 21, 2020 • 0 comment(s)

“Get busy living or get busy dying”

I don’t know why, but this quote hit me hard. Last night I watched a movie that my sister recommended, The Shawshank Redemption. I thought the movie is a new release, but woops! That movie is way older than me! It was released in 1994, the same year as the well known Forrest Gump movie.

I googled the movie beforehand. What caught my attention, the IMDb rating is 9.3/10. That is the highest rating I have ever known! So that makes me wonder how brilliant this movie is to get such a high rating. Well, after watching it, indeed this movie is a masterpiece! If you want to watch a movie with good plot twists, inspiring quotes and life lessons, then this movie is highly recommended.

This movie sets in the 19’s. Basically it is about Andy Dufresne who is a successful banker, was convicted of murdering his wife and her lover, a professional golfer. Because of drunk, carrying a gun in his hand, and his footsteps founded around the scene, he had to spend 19 years in Shawshank for a crime he did not commit. There, went through all of the troubles and he also made friends with other prisoners, one of them is Red. I love their interactions in this movie. When the other prisoners thinking of just living or dying in the prison, Andy always thinking of getting away from it. Thus, he builds relationship with the Warden by helping him with taxation. He planned it very well! I admire his determination.

There is a scene I remember, when they talk about hope. Red believes that hope is a dangerous thing and it can drive a man insane. From his perspective, there are some moments that I truly thought hope is meaningless for prisoners. Some may hope for freedom, but for Brooke who had lived in the prison for 50 years, his hope is to stay in the prison. It is so heartbreaking when he cannot live his freedom fully and suddenly choose to commit suicide.

When Red was freed, once again Andy reminds Red that “hope may be the best of things, and no good things ever dies” in his letter. Therefore peeps, do not lose hope. Keep on hoping even if that thing is impossible. We must know that, one day, even the impossible can be possible! I won't tell what happened in the end. You must watch it yourself. It totally does worth watching!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

It's wonderful that you read this post and consider leaving a comment! Thanks! ♥