はじめまして

HELLO PEEPS!



The name's Hani, 20-ish!
Thanks for visiting & don't forget to leave
your footprints ♪


Entry Author Follow D'board

WALKIE TALKIE


Followers


ARCHIVE




CREDITS

© TEMPLATE FROM ARRIEN
TUTORIALS BY ATIQAH & AFIQAH
GIFS ARE FROM TUMBLR
'Pride & Prejudice': Classic Love Story
Sunday, April 26, 2020 • April 26, 2020 • 2 comment(s)

Pride & Prejudice is one of my all-time favourite romantic movies! Well, I could watch it over and over again if I want to. This movie was released in 2005, based on the novel wrote by Jane Austen. I am obsessed with British period dramas nowadays. The accent, elegant actions and of course the costumes. They are all glorious and wonderful!

I get to know this movie from my MUET teacher back in 2017. She told us to watch it and think about it. The first time I watch this movie, I am sorry, but I barely can understand anything hahah. The use of vocabulary was too high for me at the time. But the next time I watch it, I feel enjoyable watching it. Basically, it is about how important for women to marry into rich families to keep up with the society.

In this movie, Mrs. Bennet was so into marrying off her daughters. The reason is the Bennet family has five daughters and no sons, so if one day Mr. Bennet dies, the house and land that are covered by a covenant will go to their cousin, William Collins. That is why Mrs. Bennet was so desperate to marry off her daughters.

Despite that, I am so into the love and hate story between the main casts. Elizabeth Bennet or Lizzy was played by Keira Knightley and Mr. Darcy played by Matthew Macfadyen. I am so in love with his character. It was so tsundere, which means charming even though his character should be arrogant and rude. At least, that is what I feel because he is so eye candy and it is no surprise if I fell in love with him! That is just like how my imaginative prince charming should be! Then there is one time when Mr. Darcy confessed his love to Lizzy, but got rejected because he is the cause of her sister’s ruined marriage. But as time passed by, everything fixed and the strong-willed Lizzy accepted her truth feeling towards Mr. Darcy.

For me, this movie is so beautiful. The point is about marrying the ones you love, and not because of wealth and luxury. It is so pitiful for women in that period. They do not have any other choice than marriage as it is the only option for them. It is funny for me to talk about love, but may we all ends up marrying the ones who love and care for us.


2 Comments:

Blogger Akhmal Azrie said...

Try Koe no Katachi next!

April 27, 2020 at 2:24 AM  
Blogger ray said...

I'm not into romance genres but this one is gold

April 28, 2020 at 5:29 AM  

Post a Comment

It's wonderful that you read this post and consider leaving a comment! Thanks! ♥