はじめまして

HELLO PEEPS!



The name's Hani, 20-ish!
Thanks for visiting & don't forget to leave
your footprints ♪


Entry Author Follow D'board

WALKIE TALKIE


Followers


ARCHIVE




CREDITS

© TEMPLATE FROM ARRIEN
TUTORIALS BY ATIQAH & AFIQAH
GIFS ARE FROM TUMBLR
My First Job Interview Experience!
Saturday, December 11, 2021 • December 11, 2021 • 1 comment(s)

Today I attended a mock interview session organized by my faculty. It is to prepare students for work readiness. At first i don't really want to, but i urge myself to do it because currently I am actively seeking for internship placement and have no prior experience being interviewed. Totally zero. I did some preparations on what to say, but who knows, suddenly I became mentally blocked.

I am the third candidate, and all I can say is I fooled myself during the session HAHAHAH. Luckily it is conducted individually, otherwise, it would be so embarrassing because I know the other 5 candidates very well. I stutter a lot and my words jumbled. I sense the "ahh this girl is a pity" look by the panels HAHAHAH! I don't know, maybe I am overthinking bout that. Thankfully, the interviewer was patient with me and guided me til the end.

"Tell me about yourself, but don't say anything from your resume", was the first question I was asked. It's a simple question, but after a few words, I had a complete mental breakdown. The interviewer then guided me, saying that in this case, you can highlight your hobbies, strengths and weaknesses.

When I mentioned that my hobby is surfing the internet, he then questioned, "What is the benefit of the hobby?". Well, I just being honest that I surf a lot about entertainment, but I also surf about technology thingy because it relates to my studies, considering my lack of knowledge about technology. Then I mentioned my recent discovery about Tesla since it is debated nowadays. Then suddenly he said luckily I bring up about Tesla, because he wanted to ask me about that lmao. THANK GOD I KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT THAT. The thing about sustainability and so on. Duh, I almost cried because of how unprofessional I was during the session because I know I can do better. I should have better prepared my mental state beforehand.

Anyway, I believe the objective of the program achieved because I learn a lot. I am grateful for the opportunity to participate in this program. I hope it will benefit other future graduates too! Actually I like it how the interviewer linked his questions with my answers. I, umm, acknowledge his experience as a recruiter hahah.

So here are some of the overall comments he made at the end of the session.
  • make sure CV outstanding and not too wordy
  • minimum 2 pages for CV, state important things only
  • wear formal attire during interview
  • don't have to respond immediately, take your time and understand the question
  • ask if not clear with the question
  • interviewer judge by the content, not the pace
  • work on proficiency that is currently in trend in CV (AI, social media; TikTok) and can tell about it during the interview session
  • don't read CV when asked about background
  • be critical and can argue with the interviewer during interview
  • don't state "I want to develop/learn or to gain experience, to gain knowledge", company is not a school. Instead, please say "your company has something that can enhance my value/skills/knowledge"
So that is all from me. Good luck dear self, good luck everybodehhh!


1 Comments:

Blogger Ri. said...

You are so lucky to know the tips and some knowledge!
All the best in the future!!! ;)

December 12, 2021 at 10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

It's wonderful that you read this post and consider leaving a comment! Thanks! ♥